Bioremediation of Oil Contaminated Soil and Sand
A biological treatment system to remove oil from contaminated soils and sand, without the need for expensive offsite excavation.
Degrades and digests oil pollution in-situ
No harmful by-products
- A unique blend of aerobic oil digesting bacteria degrades and digests oil pollution in-situ
- Produces no harmful by-products in use
- Environmentally friendly
Where to Use
- Designed to biologically remove oil contamination from soil and sand.
- Removes the need for expensive offsite excavation.
How to Use
- Isolate surrounding ground water from increasing contamination.
- For small areas, the contaminated soil can be lifted onto a polythene sheet.
- For larger areas, trenches may have to be dug to collect run-off.
- Till the polluted area to break up the soil and aerate it.
- Introduce S-Oil Treat at a level of 0.5 kg per cubic metre of polluted soil.
- Spray the area with water to maintain damp conditions.
- Recycle run-off water to the soil to limit dispersal of oil and active bacteria.
- Once wet, the remediation process is supported by spraying dilute nutrient solution onto the soil weekly after application. We recommend using Oil Technics Nutrient 8 at a 1% solution in water.
- If the soil is liable to compaction, it must be re-tilled to maintain aeration and may require additional culture and nutrient.
- Keep the soil damp, aerated and fed with S-Oil Treat and Nutrient 8.
- Continue to recycle run-off water until the hydrocarbon content falls to acceptable levels.
||Report by Industrial Systems Corp. LLC, Muscat, Oman|
||Report by Remedios, Aberdeen (PowerPoint)|
|(see slide 27 for effectiveness of S-Oil Treat)|
||Report on oil digesting bacteria used in S-Oil Treat|
|Summary report||Full report|
||4.0 x 109 cfu/ml|
||Euro Type 1|
- 10 kg tubs
- 5 kg tubs