Sobo Scale Plus
Hydrochloric Acid Based Scale Remover
A highly effective, exceptionally fast, hydrochloric acid based carbonate scale remover.
Formulated from some of the most environmentally friendly components available, Sobo Scale Plus incorporates a unique “Green” passivation system making it suitable for use on mild steel.
- Coloured orange-red to show coverage
- Less fumes than traditional descalers
Sobo Scale Plus incorporates a unique “Green” passivation system making it suitable for use on mild steel.
- Creates a foam blanket when in contact with limescale to minimise fumes.
- Formulated from some of the most environmentally friendly components available.
- Contains biodegradable surfactants to lift and remove oil and grease contamination and speed up scale removal.
- Coloured orange-red to show coverage.
- Fewer fumes than traditional de-scalers.
Where to Use
Heating elements in heat exchangers and boilers or narrow channels exposed to sea water or hard water can fur up with Limescale, reducing efficiency and potentially causing damage.
Sobo Scale Plus will help to remove this build up quickly, safely and with no damage to the Heat Exchanger.
Sobo Scale Plus can also be used for:
- Cleaning oil from concrete.
- Removing concrete and plaster splashes from hard surfaces.
How to Use
Use as supplied or in dilutions in water of 1:1.
For use in immersion baths or dip tanks:
Can be immersed for over 6 hours.
Wash down with clean water after removal and dry or leave to dry naturally.
For use with foaming lance on scaled metal:
- Sobo Scale Plus will adhere to the scale and can be left for over 6 hours.
- Reapply as required until scale is fully removed.
- Wash down with clean water after removal and dry or leave to dry naturally.
- Not suitable for use on stainless steel or copper and aluminium alloys. We would recommend the use of Sobo Scale on these materials.
- Excess product can be absorbed on a bed of lime to neutralize excess acidity before disposal.
- Waste product is normally non-hazardous, depending upon oil or heavy metal contamination.
- If used to remove radioactive scale, additional precautions may be required.
4 x 5 Litre