Biological Oil Stain Remover - Concrete, Blockwork & Hard Surfaces
2019 sees the launch of a new & improved formulation for our best-selling biological oil stain remover!
OT8 is a powerful, environmentally friendly, non-toxic biological oil cleaner & degreaser that removes stains caused by hydrocarbon liquids including oil, diesel & power steering fluid. Suitable for use wherever oil pollution is a problem and ideal for use in:
For further information on our new formulation and why we made these changes, please click or tap here.
As a manufacturer we are committed to continually reviewing our product range to ensure we always offer our customers the best solutions possible – both from a usability and technological aspect as well as from an environmentally responsible perspective.
Our new OT8 formulation offers the same great benefits you have come to expect, such as being:
However, on top of this, our new OT8 now offers the following advantages:
10x more powerful performance: *
Thicker, viscous texture:
Bacteria remain in suspension:
Changing REACH & CLP legislation:
* Compared to our previous OT8 formula sold in 2018.
Seeing is believing:
Our new OT8 has been extensively tested, both internally and independently to ensure it performs under tough, real life conditions.
In one customer trial, we compared our previous OT8 formula against our new formulation in a like-for-like oil contamination setting on steel plate flooring. See the difference for yourself:
Effective & powerful
- One of the most effective products on the market and used by many companies and satisfied customers for over twenty years: 100% product satisfaction guaranteed.
Quick and easy
- Ready to use formula with no mixing or preparation needed - just shake, pour on, brush in, leave for 20 minutes then rinse with water. It's that simple!
- Naturally digests oil contamination into harmless CO2 and water, and breaks down in the environment - leaving no soil residue and with no hazard to grass and plants.
- Non-toxic, VOC free and with no potential for bioaccumulation - readily biodegradable with a >56% BOD/COD ratio after 20 days.
Safe to use
- Low hazard profile and non-flammable: our new OT8 formulation has minimal CLP labelling, is safe for the user and the environment!
Our biological oil stain removing products, including OT8, contain specially selected bacteria which naturally digest oil stains.
While the food source − i.e. the oil stain − is present, the bacteria keep on working and continue to do so until it’s all gone!
For the biological cleaning of oil stains to be effective, our bacteria require:
- A food source to digest, i.e. the oil stain
- Warm conditions
- Moist conditions
When these conditions are in place, the bacteria selected for use in our products will digest oil stains - from light oils to heavy crude.
The bacteria used in our products are Euro Type 1, classified as "safe for long term laboratory application and safe for long term general public exposure".
Please note: speed of oil digestion is temperature dependent.
- For further information, please contact us.
Rapidly removes and digests oil stains from surfaces such as:
- Block work
- Paving stones
- Garage floors
- Driveways and equipment.
OT8 is not suitable for use on hydraulic fluid, synthetic oils and wood oils.
OT8 is simple to use and lifts oil stains from most porous surfaces.
- Shake container before use
- Water wet the oil stain before applying OT8.
- Brush into the stain using a soft brush until OT8 changes colour from off-white to brown.
- Leave for 20 minutes and water rinse.
- Approximately 1 Litre of OT8 treats 1m2
If using OT8 Kit:
- After rinsing, apply WYK Absorbent Powder to absorb free oil and prevent spills reaching surface drains.
- Sweep up and dispose of according to local regulations. Rinse clean.
OT8 is a biological solution that uses harmless bacteria to remove oil stains from porous surfaces.
- For best results or for when using on larger stains, cover the treated area with polythene sheeting − ideally making a tent − and keep in place for up to a week. Ensure the area remains damp, but not flooded. Doing this provides a warm and damp environment, giving the bacteria used in OT8 the best conditions to grow and digest the oil into carbon dioxide and water.
- On old, weathered and ingrained oil stains, the oil stain may “re-appear”. This is because the bacteria in OT8 keep working after application to bring the ingrained oil stain to the surface. Some types of concrete are more easily treated than others and for optimum stain removal it may be necessary for OT8 to be applied more than once, over an extended period of time.
- OT8 is not suitable for oil stains on Tarmac − please use Bio TA.
Before and after
- Oil storage area, Scotland:
- Customer's blockwork driveway, UK:
- Customer's blockwork driveway, UK:
- Runway at Hong Kong Airport:
Carpark at Hong Kong Airport:
Drain cover in Antwerp:
- Wall at Grangemouth Refinery:
- Railway line, Eire:
I have just used OT8 on an 8 month diesel spill and usual collection of engine oil stains on my block paved drive and am absolutely amazed at the results. After an hour's light labour (two small applications) all the stains are virtually gone and peace and harmony is once again restored to the household.
Reading feedback on various sites prior to the purchase of OT8 I am of the opinion that most if not all other products would not have given such outstanding results for such a small amount of work … I would have no hesitation in recommending it without reservation.
Thank you for one of the very few products available today that actually “does what it says on the tin”
Alan Farnaby, UK
I have just used your OT8 oil cleaning kit on my old oil stain in my drive. There is only two words for it - ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!
Barrie Knapp, UK
Report on oil digesting bacteria used in OT8
|Cream to light tan viscous liquid
|2.0 x 10⁷ cfu/ml
|Two years after manufacture
Kits (including absorbent spill powder)